EMD GP9 Phase I - LokSound Select DCC & Sound Bangor & Aroostook #76
One of the most popular EMD diesels ever built, these WalthersProto(R) GP9 Phase I (also known as Phase 1) locos are a must for your HO operations and feature:
- Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
- Based on Phase I units used in all types of freight service from 1954 to the present
- Available with ESU LokSound Select sound for DCC and DC Layouts
- Metal grab irons and lift rings
- Retooled accurate hood contours
- Road-specific details
- Five-pole, skew-wound, high-torque, high-efficiency can motor
- Helical gears with 14:1 ratio for smooth, ultra-quiet running
- Easy multiple-unit operation
- Superb paint and lettering
- LED constant and directional headlights
- Heavy die-cast metal underframe
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- Sound-equipped units feature EMD 567BC 16-cylinder prime mover and can be set for Automatic Transition (CV48=0) or Manual Transition (CV48=16).