Atlas 420 Phase I w/DCC & Sound, D&H #410 HO Locomotive
• AAR type B truck sideframes with optional bearing covers
• Flat or "step" pilots used where appropriate
• Long hood with or without dynamic brake detail used where appropriate
• 3,100 gallon fuel tank
• Long Island Railroad units will feature correct air horn placement
and include smoke deflectors for the long hood
• Long Island Railroad units will have Bowser Hi-AD Trucks
• Separately-applied scale detail parts include: windshield wipers, metal grab irons, coupler cut levers,
multiple-unit hoses, train line hoses, fine scale handrails, drop steps, cab sun shades and more!
• See through step detail on sill
• Etched metal radiator walkway
• Painted crew members
• Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
• Coupler pocket designed to accept AccuMate® Proto-couplers
• Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
• Directional lighting with golden-white LEDs
DCC OPERATION FEATURES:
• Supports all DCC-programming modes
• Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
• A total of six DCC function outputs are available
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
ANALOG (DC) OPERATION FEATURES:
• The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series locomotive to be used on
DC as well as on DCC layouts.
• Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive
equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and
lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas Gold Series DASH 8 locomotive can
be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
• Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive (such as the Atlas
Gold Series DASH 8) CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not also have both
DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped locomotives operating on a DCC
SOUND FUNCTIONALITY FEATURES:
• Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds
through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized
• Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes "on the fly" are
provided for true realism